About the Artist
I grew up in York, PA and as far back as I can remember, I have had the joy of being surrounded by dogs. My parents owned and showed Great Danes and we also had a German Short Hair which was my father’s hunting companion. I fell in love with the Great Dane breed and to this day I still want some of my own. When I moved in with my now fiance, I wanted a dog and we decided on the Boxer breed because we didn’t have the room for a Great Dane. Not knowing a lot about the breed, he surprised me with one for Christmas. Since then, I guess you can tell that I also fell in love with that breed. I have went from having one female, to purchasing a male, to breeding them. I currently reside in York with my wonderful husband and we own five beautiful boxers. I can’t imagine my life without dogs.
I have been drawing and painting since I was a child. My mother was an artist, specializing in pastel pet portraits and watercolor paintings. I guess the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree! I attended West York Area High School, class of 2002, and while I was in my senior year, I decided that I wanted to further my education, but only to do something that I love and enjoy. I received my BFA in Illustration from Pennsylvania College of Art & Design in 2006. I am now blessed to be able to combine two things that I love… Art and Animals!!
– Morgan Konarzewski
- 2002 Graduate of West York Area High School, York, PA
- 2006 Graduate of Pennsylvania College of Art & Design, Lancaster, PA
- BFA – Major in Illustration
- PA Farm Show entry for State Egg
- Published in Physiology magazine
- Published in Spitball magazine
- Illustrated childrens book “A Big God Cares for a Little Me”
- Commissioned Portrait for the Carmel School in India
- 2008 Festival of Trees – Portrait Donation
- 2009 Adopt a Boxer Rescue Golf Tournament Donation
- Commissioned pet portraits